The small ancient town of Dergano was registered as a Milanese village in 1751. In 1808 the Napoleon's government annexed it for the first time into Milan, however the Austrians canceled the order in 1816 after the establishment of the Lombard-Veneto Kingdom. It was during the Fascist era that Dergano finally became part of Milan.
Dergano was mainly characterised by the presence of a very important hospital that, at the end of the eighteenth century following a major outbreak of smallpox, was inaugurated under the name of Agostino Bassi, famous Italian entomologist.
Today, Dergano is still preserving its historic soul as an old neighbourhood while in terms of the number of immigrants, is considered one of the richest districts of Milan.
The panorama underlines also Milano’s skyscrapers like Pirelli and Pre-Expo 2015 constructions, like UniCredit tower by Cesar Pelli, Vertical forest by Stefano Boeri, Solaria tower by Bernardo Fort-Brescia and Palazzo Lombardia.
Stories & Places
"For many of us, it is an ordinary practice to enter people’s space in our everyday life, being it metaphorical or physical one.